A Few theosophical terms briefly explained.
* Manasic (from manas)
* Manas: the thinking principle in us.
* Lower Manasic aspects: thinking in service of personality and emotional selfinterest.
* Higher Manasic studies: studies that involve not only the intellect, but also the spiritual intelligence, so to speak.
* Skandas: thoughtforms that are the building blocks of the personality (this definition is much simplified).
* Dhyan Chohans: Arch-angels or high spiritual intelligences. Usually thought not to be embodied.